Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Are Your Friends Making You Fat?

It might sound like an outrageous idea, that your pals may be to blame for the extra 10 pounds you've gained this year. But think about it: Isn't it tempting to order chocolate ganache cake with the gals, especially when everyone's doing it? Research, in fact, shows a correlation between the friends you keep and your weight.


A study last year found that obseity is actually "contagious"--well, socially contagious. In other words, if your friends are packing on pounds, you're likely to do the same. Not too encouraging, is it?


Find out if your pals are a bad influence on your diet and weight loss goals by taking Glamour.com's new quiz.


Have you ever felt like one of your friends wanted you to gain weight? As weird as that sounds, it happened to me! I had a roommate once who was always trying to get me to snack and making comments that I needed to eat more. Important note: I was not underweight. Really bizarre, but I think she just wanted me to plump up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment