Saturday, March 19, 2011

Koga: A Fitness Do or Don't?

Some fitness hybrids sound like fun. Yoga + ballet? Sign me up! While I'm all for trying new things, I'm just not sure I could get into this newish yoga hybrid called koga. Want to guess what it's all about?


****


Koga = Yoga + Kickboxing.


If you enjoy the fast-paced nature of a kickboxing workout, and you also love yoga, Koga might be for you. Fans say it gets you lean like nothing else (one woman, in this video, raved that it helped her shed 40 pounds fast).


A fitness do? Maybe--if you're the type that likes a lot of action in your workout. I have to admit, I'm just not sure I could get into Koga. I love the meditative and relatively peaceful nature of regular yoga. The idea of jumping around and doing kicks with some guy wearing a headset coaching in the distance, well, doesn't sound that appealing to me.


What do you think? Would you try it?


More fitness hybrids:


*Yoga + ballet = yollet


*Yoga + hip hop--a favorite of Ms. Witherspoon herself.


*Pilates + a pool = poolates.


*Would you try flying yoga?

0 comments:

Post a Comment