Monday, February 28, 2011

4 Things You Didn't Know About Julianne Hough

My new girl crush? Julianne Hough! Yesterday I talked to the super-sweet dancing sensation (and singer!), who has a new fitness DVD coming out soon, about staying grounded and healthy ...


Her new fitness DVD, "Dance With Julianne," is out on December 15 (affordable holiday gift alert!). I talked to her yesterday and can confirm that she is as adorable, friendly and down-to-earth as she seems on TV. Here are four little things you may not have known about her:


1. She hates breakfast. It's easy to assume that she's a health nut (I mean, look at those photos!), but Julianne admits that she frequently breaks one of the biggest health rules: thou shalt eat breakfast. "I hate breakfast," she admits (don't fret, the girl loves to eat--she told me about her love affair with ranch dressing!). It's just breakfast that she despises. "If I try to eat a full plate of eggs and pancakes, I'll be sick." Instead, the 21-year-old reaches for smaller bites most mornings, like fruit, yogurt, or cold cereal.


2. She has two celeb girl crushes. I asked her which female celebs she admires most for their healthy lifestyles and attitudes. "Definitely Reece Witherspoon and Kate Hudson," she said. I concur.


3. She really, really dreads working out (my new BFF? I think yes!). "Running, lifting weights--working out feels like a chore," she admits. "I hate to work out. But dancing is fun." That's why she encourages women to find fitness activities (like dancing!) that don't feel like that dreaded thing you have to do.


4. She has a simple grounding principle: keep it real. "There's so much to be happy about in my life," she says, "so I focus on that." But when things get out of control (boy drama, for instance--according to reports, she and her boyfriend recently split--) she relies on her family. "They bring me down to earth. They are very supportive."


Now, don't you just want to start dancing?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment