Sunday, August 14, 2011

Would You Ever Consider Permanent Birth Control Like This Celeb?

We've talked here about whether kids are in your future, whether motherhood = happiness, and the "lies" women tell each other about pregnancy and motherhood (check out the heated discussion in the comments section!). But what about birth control? Condoms and pills aside--would you ever consider permanent birth control, as in no going back? Find out which celeb is ruling out more babies--forever...


****


Former Bachelorette star Trista Sutter--married to cutie-pie Ryan--has a 20-month-old son and recently delivered a baby girl. She tells US Magazine that she's done having children and will soon have a permanent birth control procedure to seal the deal.


Trista is reportedly going to turn to Essure (I hate to say this, but do you smell a sponsorship opp here?), a "minimally-invasive procedure" that's performed in about 10 minutes in a doctor's office. Here's how it works according to the article: "Small, flexible micro-inserts are placed within a woman's fallopian tubes through the cervix without incisions. Over the next three months, the body forms a natural barrier around the micro-inserts to prevent sperm from reaching the egg. The procedure--which 250,000 women have undergone--is 99.8 percent effective."


Does this type of permanent birth control sound appealing to you? I have to admit, even if I did decide to be "done," I don't know that I could do this. There's something sad about permanency, you know? Then again, talk to me after I have my next baby (nope, I'm not pregnant again!).


P.S. Here are six things you should do before having kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment