Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tone Your Tummy With This Ballet Move

Do you want a toned tummy? Who doesn't, right? These abs of mine have survived two pregnancies and an awful muscle tear at a fitness boot camp last summer. Time for some tummy love! Here's an awesome little (ballet!) move you can do at your desk (or near your desk) whenever you think about it to strengthen your abs ...


WomansDay.com recently featured a piece on various moves to tone your belly, and I took note! My dears, 2010 is the year I plan to get my stomach back. Let me be clear, I have plenty of love and gratitude for this belly of mine, which gave me two beautiful children. No complaints there! But, would I be glad to get these abs back to the mostly fit and toned place they were at pre-kids? Oh yeah.


So, I'm trying a series of moves from trainer Elise Gulan, creator of the "Element: Ballet Conditioning DVD." (P.S. I love ballet!) She says if you do these moves at least three to four times a week (while following a healthy diet), you should see a tighter tummy in a month. Bonus: you will improve your balance and posture in the process.


Start with this easy extended lateral leg lift. Stand with heels together, toes a few inches apart. Extend right leg straight in front of you and lift it as high as you can. Lift your right arm overhead (hold on to a chair for support) and contract your abs. Repeat. (Check out more tummy-toning moves here.)


How are you feeling about your belly these days?

0 comments:

Post a Comment