Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The PJ Phenomenon: Why Do All Pajama Bottoms End Up as High Waters?

We've known each other for almost a year now, so I'll go ahead and tell you that every night at 7 p.m. I put on my PJs. I'm fully aware that the airing of this information will point to the fact that I have no life. (Now you know.) But I do have babies--two of them! Anyway, I like to get comfy--and into jammies--right after dinner. It does wonders for my stress levels. But here's the thing I've been wondering for a long time: Why the heck do all pajama bottoms inevitably become high waters?


My 2 year old glanced at my PJ pants the other night, pointed to the bottoms, and said something like this (in toddler speak), "mama, you need to buy more jammies at the store."


Clearly, I do. All of my sleeping pants, lounge wear, pajama bottoms (whatever you want to call them!) start off at a normal length then inevitably shrink. They're sneaky like that.


So why the heck do pajama bottoms do this? Does anyone have the answer to this deep, dark mystery? Does this happen to you? And, tell me: When you get home from work/school, do you slip into your jammies/comfy clothes ASAP like I do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment