Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's Your Favorite Fitness Moment? Mine = Running Barefoot on the Beach

Admit it, exercise can be a real drag sometimes. But when you find something that feels like fun--or gives you such a great feeling--isn't that pure bliss? It happened to me over the weekend when I kicked off my shoes and hit the beach, barefoot, for one of the most incredible jogs of my life ...


When's the last time you had an incredible workout that you loved? Were you doing something with friends? Trying something new? For me, some of my most memorable fitness experiences have been when I've broken out of my routine and tried something new.


Take last weekend, for example: I was with my family on vacation at the beach, and instead of hitting the pavement for my usual 3-mile jog, I ventured down to the beach, kicked off my shoes, and went on an intense--and unforgettable--45 minute jog down one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline on the West Coast. The whole time I was jogging, I had this calm, happy, renewed feeling. I loved the squishy sand under my toes and the soothing crash of the waves on the shore that made me forget how hard my muscles were working to propel me down the shore. I loved every second of that jog.


Tell me about a fitness moment that was pure bliss for you recently! I'd love to hear!


P.S. The exercise we should all do to beat anxiety--researchers say it works! And, what's better for toned muscles: bigger weights or more reps? I have answers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment